So many people want to have healthy hair, especially as they age. Surprisingly hair grows around 1/2 inch per month, and 6 inches per year. Factors like age, health, genetics, environment, and diet play a role so having the proper diet is essential. In fact, consuming a diet lacking the right nutrients can lead to even more hair loss. Eating a balanced diet with the right minerals and nutrients can help promote hair growth, and collagen synthesis, the biggest protein in the body. The 10 best hair health foods you can eat to promote hair growth are listed below.
1) Eggs have high-quality protein, fat, iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is a powerhouse of disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin.
2) Seeds and nuts contain a large amount of B Vitamins and essential proteins.
3) Not only are oats loaded with fiber that helps maintain a healthy heart and bowels but also contain zinc, iron, and omegas.
4) Avocados contain essential fats for hair regrowth. Avocados are a heart-healthy, nutrient-dense superfood.
5) Spinach is loaded with essential nutrients for hair growth such as Iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
6) Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium. They’re also a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
7) Oily fish give us omega 3’s that our bodies can’t make.
8) Carrots are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K, potassium and vitamin B6.
9) Prunes can give you iron which will help if your hair is dry, thin, stiff, or lacks discoloration.
10) Berries are low in calories yet rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and manganese.
BONUS HAIR HEALTH FOOD
Cinnamon cleans the scalp and speeds up circulation!